Saturday 24 March
Powered by Ajaxy
Dec 1, 2017 @ 11:21

RSA waffles on San Miguel’s bid for Vietnamese brewer Sabeco: No control, too expensive


Bilyonaryo Ramon S. Ang is having second thoughts on buying into Vietnamese brewer Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp. (Sabeco).

In a report by Inquirer’s Doris Dumlao-Abadilla, Ang was disappointed that Sabeco would sell less than majority share to a foreign investors.

“Originally, they said they will sell control of 51 percent but they are now selling minority shares. If they are only selling minority, we’ll still take a look at it if it offers good value but it seems very expensive,” said Ang.

The Vietnamese government is eyeing to raise $5 billion from the bidding for its 54 percent stake in Sabeco on December 18. This is more than three times the original valuation for Sabeco at $1.8 billion and that is for the state’s entire stake.

Foreign investors, however, can only own up to 49 percent of the company. Foreigners already own 10 percent of the firm with the remaining 90 percent held by the state. reported that Thai Beverage PCL, Singha Corp., Asahi Group Holdings Ltd., Carlsberg A/S , Heineken NV, and AB InBev have their eyes on Sabeco.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Related Stories
Diversified conglomerate San MIguel Corp. is considering bidding for Vietnam’s biggest brewery, Sabeco SAB HM.
The National Bureau of Investigation has summoned Rappler stockholder bilyonaryo Benjamin Bitanga, CEO Maria Ressa
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said Tuesday he "did not give a shit" as his government
Foreign investors placed huge bets in the Philippines during the month.


Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.