Wednesday 23 May
Powered by Ajaxy
Jan 22, 2018 @ 0:00

Wala nang pag-uusapan! Palace tells MIASCOR: Contract with gov’t expired so there’s nothing to renew

 

Malacañang on Sunday (January 21) reminded aviation services provider MIASCOR that its contract with the government is already non-existent after the company appealed for a second chance to be at airports.

In a statement, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said “there is nothing” for MIASCOR to appeal anymore.

“In light of the recent directive of the President, the position of the MIAA (Manila International Airport Authority) is not to renew the contract following its expiration because of many cases / instances of pilferage, both in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Clark International Airport. These include the theft committed to the wife of a Turkish diplomat and the alleged involvement of a MIASCOR supervisor with illegal drugs,” he said.

Roque said the bigger picture with regard to the non-renewal of MIASCOR’s contract is national interest.

“In particular, we need to protect airport travelers from baggage theft, especially overseas Filipino workers who work so hard to earn a living, and to make sure that potential tourists and investors are not turned off by such incidents at the airport,” he said.

MIAA last week ordered MIASCOR to leave the premises of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport within 60 days since its contract will no longer be renewed.

The decision followed President Rodrigo Duterte’s meeting with Clark International Airport officials concerning the theft of two overseas Filipino workers’ luggage, with contents worth P80,000.

MIASCOR employees were found to be responsible for the pilferage.

Roque said that while the Palace is concerned about MIASCOR’s employees, it cannot give another chance to the company.

“Having said this, qualified MIASCOR personnel will be absorbed by other existing ground handlers. The fact is the jobs are there so these will be filled up either by new hires or qualified staff from MIASCOR,” he said.

Roque assured that there will be no service disruption with MIASCOR’s departure from the airports.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Stories
President Rodrigo Duterte revealed that he would fire a head of a economic zone agency
President Rodrigo Duterte is bent on avoiding war with China at all cost to the
President Rodrigo Duterte’s promise to build a pan-Mindanao railway in his home region is in
The country's richest senator with a net worth of P3 billion assured the public that


 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.