Wednesday 26 September
Powered by Ajaxy
Apr 4, 2018 @ 21:26

Megawide slams NAIA consortium’s attempts to exert pressure on govt

 

The battle for the right to redevelop the Ninoy Aquino International Airport is heating up.

The consortium of Megawide Construction Corp. and India’s GMR Infrastructure has slammed rival group, NAIA Consortium, for putting pressure on the government to expedite the approval of the latter’s proposal to expand and rehabilitate the country’s main international gateway.

“The process has been set by the government and provided by law. It is there to ensure a clean and transparent tender. As members of the private sector, we must set an example and to work together even in competition, for the development of NAIA and the country,” Megawide-GMR said in a statement.

Megawide-GMR likewise hit the NAIA Consortium for trying to make changes to its proposal.

“That they are willing to change their proposal to closely resemble ours validates the reliability and completeness of our proposal,” Megawide-GMR said.

“This validates that there is really no need for a third runway to maximize NAIA’s capacity. We also remain firm in our belief that a leaner concession will allow the government to pursue its multi-airport strategy and support its plans to develop other gateways such as Clark, Sangley or Bulacan,” it added.

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) assured the public last week it would follow a “clear and transparent process” in reviewing the unsolicited proposals of Megawide GMR and the NAIA Consortium.

DOTr and the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) will check if the documents and other requirements and complete before submitting to the National Economic and Development Authority, which will decide whether or not to grant original proponent status.

Once the OPS is granted, the proposal will undergo the Swiss Challenge wherein other companies can make competing offers while giving the original proponent the opportunity to match them.

Tags: , , , , ,

Related Stories
A mighty consortium of seven of the country's biggest corporate behemoths conglomerates finally obtained the
President Rodrigo Duterte has expressed support for San Miguel Corporation's (SMC) proposal to build a
Senator Grace Poe is dissatisfied with the assistance provided by Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines
Two new rapid exit taxiways were opened Monday afternoon at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport


 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.