Saturday 22 September
Powered by Ajaxy
Aug 28, 2018 @ 21:20

Gov’t, MVP Group open to compromise on toll dispute

 

Keen to put an end to the overhang of issues, the Department of Transportation and Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. are considering an out-of-court settlement over the overdue toll rate adjustments for the North Luzon Expressway and Manila-Cavite Toll Expressway.

MPTC sued the government last year for lost revenues resulting from the government’s refusal to act on its petitions for regular rate adjustments since 2012. Its losses have ballooned to over P8 billion.

“We are asking for a gradual implementation of toll adjustments and if there’s a possibility to terminate the arbitration case, which is expensive,” Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said during the EJAP Economic Forum.

MPTC president Rodrigo Franco, for his part, said the company was open to entering into an amicable settlement with the government.

The company needs around P122.7 billion to build new highways and tollways across the country in the next five years.

Tags: , , , ,

Related Stories
Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez’s biggest concern in allowing San Miguel Corp. to build a former
NLEX Corp. grew its first semester profit by a little more than a fifth to
NlEX Corp. Is working double time to complete the construction of the P10.5 billion North
The property firm of bilyonaryo Andrew Tan, Megaworld Corp. expects to generate P1 billion in


 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.