Saturday 17 November
Powered by Ajaxy
Oct 14, 2018 @ 19:19

DOTr to consider Sy-Tieng Sangley airport proposal if Cavite gov’t fails to deliver

 

The Cavite provincial government may forfeit its chance to develop its own international airport due to its continued failure to address the concerns raised by the Department of Transportation on the project.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said the agency would consider the proposal of a consortium led by the Tieng-Sy Group’s All-Asia Resources and Reclamation Corp. to develop Sangley Point in Cavite into an international hub if the Cavite government fails to address its concerns by yearend.

The DOTr’s Legal Affairs and Procurement unit had questioned the Cavite government’s technical capabilities to undertake an international airport project and lack of details on financing scheme considering the huge budget required.

“There’s no progress since it was discussed last month. It’s a government to government proposal and there’s also a private group proposal, but under the rules the priority is the government. But I’m giving them [provincial government of Cavite] a deadline. I want them to come up with something before the end of the year,” Tugade said.

The Sy-Tieng group’s proposal involves the construction of the Philippine Sangley International Airport for $12 billion. The project, once fully developed, can accommodate about 120 million passengers per year.

The consortium proposed a concession period of 50 years. The project entails the reclamation of about 2,500 hectares of land north of the Sangley peninsula, which will be developed into airport infrastructure and a commercial establishment.

Please follow and like us:

Tags: , , , ,

Related Stories
The unsolicited proposal of a consortium led by the family of taipan Henry Sy Sr.
The country's bilyonaryos are standing solidly behind President Rodrigo Duterte despite the recent drop in
The Department of Transportation has set aside as much as P700 million to develop the
The Department of Transportation announced Thursday about 12 groups have signified their intention to bid


 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.