Wednesday 14 November
Powered by Ajaxy
Nov 9, 2018 @ 17:43

Duterte says he made bilyonaryo husband, wife wait for nothing at Davao airport: Ayaw kong tanggapin pera nila!

 

President Rodrigo Duterte revealed that he made one of the country’s richest men and his wife wait for hours at the Davao International Airport during the campaign because he didn’t want to get their campaign contribution.

In a speech in Boracay, Duterte said he had been evading the bilyonaryo for months during the 2016 presidential campaign because he didn’t want to be tainted getting money from oligarchs.

“Hindi ko tinanggap sila. To the very days before the elections, doon sila mag-asawa sa airport sa Davao eh, ipinatawag nila si Bong (Go). Sabi ko, ‘No’. Salamat na lang,” said Duterte who did not name the bilyonaryo.

But Duterte gave clues to the rich Filipino’s identity in his speech.

“Ayaw ko lang nang sabihin ulit kasi na — naghingi siya ng personal at tumulong siya sa gobyerno noong nagkaroon ng krisis na pinabalik-balik ko ‘yung mga Pilipino na nandoon. So I went to them and asked them to do me a favor. Wala akong pera. Tulungan natin itong mga Pinoy. Kaya parang kinalimutan ko na,” said Duterte.

Bilyonaryo Lucio Tan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Philippine Airlines (PAL) had offered to ferry hundreds of Filipinos as part of the government’s repatriation program after the discovery of a dead Filipina worker dead in a freezer. Shortly after, Duterte has been all praises for Tan and he even attended the bilyonaryo’s 83rd birthday.

See related stories:

Samuel Uy effect? Duterte lavishes praise on Lucio Tan’s b-day: May you live a thousand more years!

Matibay ang kapitan! Lucio Tan gifts Duterte BFF Samuel Uy with not 1 but 2 board seats

Please follow and like us:

Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Stories
The Civil Service Commission, the Commission on Audit, and the Department of Budget and Management
Former President and now House Speaker Gloria Macapagal Arroyo believes the visit of Chinese President
President Rodrigo Duterte will not issue an executive order (EO) banning casinos in Boracay, saying
Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Friday that President Rodrigo Duterte has full powers to stop


 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Bilyonaryo - Latest news on the richest Filipinos and Family Business.