Albee Benitez’s official net worth pierced the P1 billion level as he became the third bilyonaryo among the 297 denizens of the Batasan complex in Quezon City.
The Negros Occidental 3rd District Representative reported a net worth of P1.005 billion in statement of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALN) for 2017, or 7 percent more than his 2016 net worth of P943 million.
Benitez, founder of listed gaming company Leisureand Resorts World Corp., ranked third richest among the members of the House of Representatives based on ther 2017 SALN filings.
The other two bilyonaryos are 1-PACMAN Rep. Michael Romero with P7.328 billion and DIWA Partylist Rep and newly-appointed Justice undersecretary Emmeline Aglipay-Villar with P1.407 billion. Agiay-Villar is the daughter-in-law of bilyonaryo Manny Villar.
Here are the top 10 richest House mebers in 2017:
1) 1-PACMAN Rep. Michael Romero with P7.328 billion
2) DIWA Partylist Rep. Emmeline Aglipay-Villar with P1.407 billion.
3) Negros Occidental Rep. Albee Benitez with P1.005 billion
4) Former First Lady and Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Romualdez Marcos with P920.8 million
5) Former Speaker and incumbent Quezon City Rep. Feliciano Belmonte with P861.037 million
6) Manila Teachers Partylist Rep. Virigilio Lacson with P791.69 million
7) Former MMDA chair and incumbent Marikina City Rep. Bayani Fernando with P739 million
8) Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos-Recto with P538.889 million
9) Davao del Norte Rep. Antonio Floirendo with P523.73 million
10) Leyte Rep. Yedda Marie Romualdez, with P523.73 million.
Based on their 2016 Statement of Assets and Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN), among the billionaires in Congress are Michael Odylon Romero from 1-PACMAN and Diwa Representative Emmeline Aglipay-Villar.
Romero’s net worth is at P7.01 billion, while Aglipay-Villar is the second richest solon with P1.41 billion. Manila Teachers Representative Virgilio Lacson is the sixth richest congressman with P768.82 million. Party-lists in the Congress represent the marginalized and unrepresented sectors in the society.
There is a pending arrest warrant against 1-PACMAN’s Romero in connection with a million-peso qualified theft case. Aglipay-Villar is the spouse of the richest Cabinet secretary in 2016, Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar, whose net worth is also at P1.41 billion. Their combined net worth was at P689.54 million in 2015.
Ilocos Norte 2nd District Representative and former first lady Imelda Marcos is the fourth richest congresswoman with a net worth of P917.80 million.
Feliciano Belmonte Jr. of Quezon City 4th District rounds up the chambers’ Top 5 richest with P852.13 million.