The third child of the late bilyonaryo John Gokongwei is taking a bigger role in the family’s business empire.
Lisa Y. Gokongwei-Cheng has been promoted to senior vice president with corporate services added to her previous duties as head of digital transformation. Lisa is president of the family’s media arm, Summit Group.
Eight other JG Summit executives were given new assignments starting October 23:
1. Michael P. Liwanag – SVP for investor relations and Chief of Staff
2. Bach Johann M. Sebastian -SVP strategic investment
3. Nicasio L. Lim – SVP for corporate human resources
4. Maria Celia H. Fernandez-Estavillo – SVP, general counsel and corporate secretary
5. Renato T. Salud – SVP corporate affairs and sustainability
6. Aldrich T. Javellana – SVP and treasurer
7. Francisco M. Del Mundo – SVP, chief financial officer and compliance officer
8. Ian Pajantoy – data protection officer
9. Andre Ria B Buzeta-Acero – assistant corporate secretary
The reorganization, which is part of moves to streamline JG Summit’s operations, also involved the reduction of officers.
JG Summit said the following “shall cease to be officers” of the company: Cornelio S. Mapa, Jr. (SVP investments and new builds), Alan Surposa (SVP and chief procurement officer), Emmanuel de Pano (VP corporate internal audit) and Carlos Santos (chief information officer).